5.11.2009

It took a while but...

Voila!! I am finished! It took about a week to figure out what I wanted to do with it. I was trying to come up with something for my living room...when all along it was staring me straight in the face and I just didn't get it. No wonder nothing came to me that I liked. Mike and I were talking about what we should do with it and where we should put it, and it the thought came...Ethan's room!!! I haven't done ANYTHING with his room because...I don't know why. I am making his room the next room I finish. So we went to home depot and bought this really pretty blue paint. I love it! I covered the backing with green paper and mod podge. I didn't do the step by step pictures because once I got the idea in my head I just kept going and going. Ok ok I forgot but who can blame me?! It took me a week to figure something out for this nightstand and I finished it in one day! Not to mention, I spilled green paint all over my porch...not very smart.Now I know this may sound weird since mod podge is a glue, but that is what I used to seal the top. Mike came up with it and it actually turned out pretty great.


2 comments:

Andy Porter said...

I commented before, but it doesn't seem to be showing up..so sorry if you get a double dose of me today..Anyhoo- I totally love the side table!! It has so much personality!! Of course I love the blue and green together and then the brown really grounds it well. Great job!! As far as your tape question goes, I learned a really great trick that keeps it from seeping through. If I was going to paint a white wall green, I would first put the tape on and then paint a light coat of WHITE paint first before the green. It will seal the tape and your green won't seep thru. Or you can brush a light coat of glaze on your tape that you can buy at Home Depot before you paint. It really works wonderfully! Sorry about the porch spill!! I love your project !!

Unknown said...

That is SUCH a great idea! i can't count the amount of times we've sat there painting over the seeped paint, to try and make lines straight... wow.